Thursday, August 9, 2007

Day 40 - So sore from Arnis

My legs are sore AGAIN! Which means I must be building muscles somewhere. What's amazing about studying Arnis is how engrossing the whole process is--although having a handsome and charming teacher doesn't hurt. My judgment may be skewed, because I've been alone for four months. He is single. :)

Anyway, my eating was pretty good today except those darn little pieces of bread w/ cinnamon in them. I couldn't help myself.

No journal. Yes meditation. No chapter. Five glasses of water, 30 min. Arnis practice (2 15 min. sessions), five servings of fruits and vegetables.

Currently on hold attempting for the fifth time to get a refund from an Earthlink account that I NEVER used and cancelled four different times over the last six months. In a strange coincidence, Maggie, my latest Earthlink customer service rep, is answering the telephone in THE PHILIPPINES. I have to call long distance to the US during US hours to speak to a phone rep in my time zone. Life is funny. Hold music is boring.

My teacher has to travel tomorrow. He may not be back in time for my lesson. I really hope he can make it. Whatever happens is what's meant to be I guess.

Today I am grateful for:

1) Earthlink freely acknowledges that I am due for a refund (now when I'm going to get it is another story)
2) Friend, Adell
3) new sweatpants (it's the little things in life)
4) visayanmartialarts.com
5) papaya salad
6) grapes
7) Rising Fico score
8) PCSO (Filipino Lottery, Mom keeps winning a few numbers each week)
9) Chinloong restaurant
10) quieter crowds at Gimmick

No comments: