Saturday, August 11, 2007

Day 42 - 11 1/2 weeks to go

Okay I have 11 1/2 weeks until I got back to LA. My goals are:

Lose weight/increase fitness level
Continue Arnis training and knife-fighting techniques
Finish first draft of screenplay
hit 100 page benchmark on my website and/or $2000 monthly revenue

I am declaring a deadline of ONE set of photos a week (week ends Wednesdays), this allows me to find a day that I'm feeling good about taking a photo and not a bloated day.

Not so depressed today. I made an eight-point check list of stuff I want to do each day to get me closer to my goals. Even a little bit counts. Many of the stuff in here is the same stuff, but I'm super committed now. I did not practice Arnis much today. My shoulders are making this crazy clicking sound and starting to kind of hurt. Not the cool, I'm sore hurt, but that weird hmm I don't like that kind of hurt. And I've been having some wrist pain. So I figured maybe my wrists and shoulders need a complete day or two of rest to recover. I didn't realize how often I'll just be pacing around the room and pick up the stick to practice. It's way more often than I log. Tomorrow I'm going for a long walk in the morning before it gets too hot.

Yes journal, yes chapter, yes meditation (3), water EIGHT glasses, fruits/veggies FIVE, danced for five songs (15 min), no sweets today, no white bread but 1/2 cup white rice and bowl of oatmeal, no diet coke today, but 1 1/2 cups of coffee w/ non-dairy creamer (has some sugar).

Gratitude List
1) New spiral notebooks
2) CD cases
3) Bob Dylan
4) Eric Stoltz
5) imdb.com
6) Scriptwriter's Network
7) Comedy Central
8) trainedkillers.tv
9) free editing favors from good friends
10) Mad Magazine

www.my-thank-you-site.com

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know sometimes you feel just when you are starting to make head way with your goals it seems something always makes you take a step back, most of the time it is out of your control. But the good thing is that you can control your attitude about the situation you are in. Knowing that it is only temporary is good to know. It will soon be over(even though sometimes we don't always know when that is.) Without adversity we would not grow. What doesn't kill us will make us stronger! I know it is hard to believe that in the midst of our struggles though. I know!
Anyhow, just wanted you to know I was here. Being grateful is a quality we all should strive for. Hope your dental issues get resolved. and your wrist pains, too. overuse is not always good.

Otter Christy said...

Thank you Suzette. I really appreciate this. You can have no idea how much it means. Truly, thanks.