Friday, August 22, 2008

Origin of Three Percenters

Marty, one of the founding three percenters, told us a story he'd read in a book about a group of graduates. The top 3 percent who set goals for their careers turned out to be more successful than the other 97% combined or something like that. Hence the name.

Had a great workout and walked 1.5 miles. I was ravenously HUNGRY today. I think it's because I've been working out hard with the weights. I'm actually doing 3 sets of 12 like the book says. Some of the exercises I still have to modify and some are still abbreviated sets, but I'm getting stronger! My body fat % is pretty high, because of all my immobility and inactivity over the last three years. I'm not saying that to get down on me, it's just how it is. The cool thing is that I've lost weight over the three years even while being unable to be a physically active as I would like. That means I can progress even better. Now, if I can only find where I packed that swimsuit. I haven't see it since I left the Philippines. I've gained weight since then (greater mobility, greater access to food, lol). But I'm not sweating it. The extra pounds are already falling off without too much thinking about it. Plus SOME (but not all of the 11 lbs I've gained) has to be muscle. I'm sure like a pound of it is.

It's only up from here.

5 comments:

dougal said...

Every day is a step forward..You are doing great ...so great that you "WON AN AWARD" check my post today (sunday)

Marbella said...

Hi amiga Christy,
So, you´re now into weights and cardio and the full 9-yards. You´ll be to your goal in no time at this rate, and we´ll be waiting to hear how it goes. I haven´t begun doing weights again, as am so involved with walking and stuff, but I know it´s there. Soon. Am so proud of you now....new house, good groups to belong to, weights, cardio, eating right...What I wish for you is Good HEalth...the other things will fall into place.

Hugs,
Lynda

Marbella said...

Forgot to mention...did you go to Dougal´s blog? There WE are, the select, elite, few chosen by Dougal. Reminds me of old times when we were battling it out there with that first challenge, remember? Getting Dougal´s Award means a lot. You do too.
Lynda

juli gets happy said...

Congratulations to your dougal-Award! You truely deserve it!

Juli

Debbie said...

Christy, how did you find your 3% group? How cool is that? I've read the same about how setting goals will make you surpass 97% of others that don't.

How are you doing on less caffeine?