Friday, October 31, 2008

Day 5: Halloween Candy-Free Zone

I have lots of work to do tonight, because tomorrow is my weekly 3 Percenters Meeting. We all make goals every week (one spiritual, one health, one charity, and then other life goals) and we commit to completing it by the next week. We bring proof and brainstorm how to help us each reach our full potential and bring in a motivational reading. The people in the group that don't reach their goals have to buy completers coffee. :)

It's fun. My health goal this week was to log all my food 5/7 days. Thanks to the group shred I'm 7 for 7. I've got some business to finish so I don't have to buy coffee. It can get kind of pricey, because a lot of time nearly everybody completes their goals. :)

Rest day for my back exercise today. I did get in my wall push-ups and my stretching. I've got to keep working on my range of motion to avoid re-injury.

WW points today: I ate 23 points. I have 28.5 Flex points still available. Yay! I'm going out to dinner tomorrow night so I'll need to use some. They reset after Sunday, so everything is going according to plan.

The great thing about being single: NO HALLOWEEN CANDY. I live near Universal Studios on the area of Ventura Blvd. that is full of shops in a tucked away building between a cafe and public storage. So I knew there would be no trick or treaters so no reason to buy candy. I'm saving money and calories. I love this apartment.

7 comments:

angie nicholas said...

hey Juli thanks for the advice on the night time eating. We live in an apartment building that has kids and they open our lobby to them so that they don't go door to door. The people that live in the building can donaite candy. We took our son out for his first Halloween. it was a good night over 2 hours of walking. anyway have a great weekend Angie

KaliLilla.com said...

I don't get trick or treaters either because my condo complex is hidden behind a big Victorian. It's good because I'm one of those people who can't give kids candy. I used to hand out small raisin boxes. I wasn't very popular with the kids at my previous home. lol.

juli gets happy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
juli gets happy said...

Hey Christy, I LOVE the idea of a 3 p. - meeting. I am busy making up this idea as well with some of my friends.

I lauged when I read Lilla's comment of giving the trick or treaters some small raisin-boxes...nowadays it could be a tiny green-smoothie in a bottle...or a carot.

Enjoy your weekend.

Juli

Marbella said...

Hey Miss Christy! Love your photo today, and love reading that you so love your apartment. Now that you have your home all set up, have a group to share with, AND you have us....you´ve got it all! Loved what you wrote on Dougal´s blog today. You are such a devine person. So glad I know you!
Lynda

Unknown said...

no tricks...only treats for you lady...correction...slimming lady:-)

Anonymous said...

I had no idea of this blog, utill a friend told me..i will follow you from today..awesome blog!