Monday, November 21, 2011

We're Back!!! New 90 Day Mission with Suzette!

Original shredder, SUZETTE, wrote to me on Facebook to let me know that it was a five years since our first "shredder mission." She came up with the great idea of doing a five-year anniversary shred. It's crazy. So much has happened in five years, and yet, here I am in the Philippines typing from the exact same room that I was in on the first mission. It's like it was meant to be!

I'll take a picture later, tonight. I don't even have a swimsuit that fits anymore. Since my first mission over five years ago, I've managed to remain back injury free, and started a whole new business BUT ...

I've GAINED all the weight back plus about six more pounds. I just recently was diagnosed with PCOS, which helped explain my insulin resistance issues (I thought I was shaking and sweating because I was anxious turns out it my blood sugar was out of whack) and my weight struggle. Armed with new dietary knowledge (gotta watch the glycemic index of my food) and advice from doctor, I'm back in the Philippines and ready to go full steam ahead into good health.

I'm not discouraged about my weight gain as much any more. Before it really bummed me out, but now I'm feeling happy and motivated. It really helps that I finally figured out what was going on with me health wise. It took a bunch of time just to be able to get health insurance to get go to the doctor, then, I was misdiagnosed for a while and then FINALLY we figured it out.

I'm also finishing the NanoWrimo (You write a 50,000 word novel in a month), so these first few weeks will be action packed.

Later today, I'll update this post with a photo and my starting stats and find something to wear so I can post a photo. Bye for now.

1 comment:

The Warrior Suz said...

Wow! I kind of lost track of you after a while over the past five years. Always kept my eye on you on facebook, though. A lot of life going on over the past five years...let alone the past year!
I am so happy to know that you are back pain free. Now that you know about the pcos you can move forward in health.
I'm excited about the next 12 weeks and hanging out with you again!
five years! can you believe it?!